Creative professional with 10+ years of experience in the technical theatre field: construction, rigging, lighting, projection, audio, design, and backstage. Also skilled in video production, website design/development, and computer repairs/networking. Reliable, self-motivator with a proven history of sharing theatrical and life skills with students and Boy Scouts of all ages.
- Prescott Park Arts Festival, Portsmouth, NH (Summer 2009 & 2010) – Rigging, Video, Construction
- University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH (2005-2010) – Construction, Lighting, Audio, Rigging
- Merrimack Repertory Theatre, Lowell, MA (May 2010) – Technical Director for Independent Production
- Acme Theater Productions, Maynard, MA (April-May 2009) – Projection, Lighting
- Village Theatre Project, Ashby, MA (2006) – Audio
- Concord Academy, Concord, MA (2002-2006) – Lighting, Audio, Construction
- Boston Playwrights’ Theatre, Boston, MA (2003-2005) – Lighting
- American Repertory Theater, Cambridge, MA (2003-2005) – Lighting
- Merrimack College, Andover, MA (2003) – Lighting
- Academy of Ballet Arts, Chelmsford, MA (1998-2005) – Lighting, Technical Director, Run Crews
Chelmsford Public Schools, Chelmsford, MA
Technical Director – April 2007 – November 2007
- Managed two theatre spaces in the school system during design and opening.
Chelmsford High School Theatre Guild, Chelmsford, MA
Technical Advisor – September 2003 – November 2007
- Instructed the student crews in design, lighting, construction, audio, and backstage skills.
- Coordinated all technical aspects of the Theatre Guild’s productions.
- Served as Interim Technical Director and Master Carpenter (Summer 2003)
- Worked in construction, lighting, audio, video, and run crews (Multiple Seasons, 2002-2004)
Other Work Experience
Broadcast Pix is the leading provider of integrated PC-based production systems that create live video for broadcasters, educators, governments, and churches around the world.
Software Quality Assurance Technician – December 2009 – Present
- Analyze production software to determine problem areas and identify bugs that would prevent the product from being released to the public.
- Create demo graphics, animations, and shows for the sales team and customer systems.
- Help coordinate equipment setup and demo content in the Broadcast Pix booth at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Conference, 2009 – 2011.
Technical Support Specialist – July 2008 – December 2009
- Provided phone, email, and limited on-site support for customer systems.
- Created and maintained a database of customers to log calls pertaining to system failures and errors.
- Trained users on how to properly operate their systems.
Local access cable television station.
Assistant Advisor, CHSTv & Contractor – September 2001 – Present
- Instruct student crews in television production practices, focusing mainly on graphic design/implementation and instant replay.
- Organize student crews to produce Lowell Spinners baseball games (Boston Red Sox Class-A Affiliate), Chelmsford High School sporting events and special events, and town events such as Chelmsford’s Independence Day festivities and the Lowell Folk Festival.
- Re-designed, constructed, and connected new equipment and furniture for main studio, mobile truck and replay trailer.
Access A/V stocks New England’s largest inventory of professional audio and video equipment, has an authorized in-house service department, and provides on-site service and installations.
Installation and Service Technician – November 2007 – July 2008
- Installed audio and video production systems across New England.
- Demonstrated and recommended audio and video systems to prospective clients.
- New England Board of Higher Education – Promotional video, “Regional Student Program 50th Anniversary”
- Chelmsford High School – Interactive DVD, To Kill a Mockingbird
- Academy of Ballet Arts – Interactive DVD and video slide show for closing performance
- Wah-Tut-Ca Scout Reservation – Summer camp weekly slide shows
- Chelmsford Community Education, Access A/V, Active Broadcast Systems, Rock Nirvana Climbing and Fitness
Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg, MA
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology/Technical Theatre
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Formerly C.O.P.E. (Climbing/Ropes/Team Building Course) Director Certified
- PC Computer Expert – MS Office; Adobe: Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Encore, Dreamweaver and Flash; AutoCAD; Broadcast Pix
- Computer Repiar
- Computer Programming
- OSHA certified, 30-hour training course: May 25, 2006